Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anasazi by Emma Michaels


Anasazi
 5 / 5 Stars

Favorite Character 

Although I enjoyed Megan Haines's quick witted humor, Lucas Taawa was hands down my favorite character. He is a tall, native , young man who has not been jaded by the hardness of life. He is honest, happy, and loyal. There is a certain innocence that Lucas carries that makes every kind word and considerate gesture that much more endearing.


Favorite Scene

Oh, there are so many great scenes to choose from. I would have to say that my favorite scene is when Lucas takes Megan to the cave for the first time, and an attempt is made on her life. This close call made the danger in the story feel real. I realized how invested I was in these characters, and knew that the story would only get better from here.

Quotable Quote

The humor in Anasazi is well timed and always appropriate. when Megan and David are trying to out run men intent on harming them, their converssation goes something like this:

"Can't this thing go any faster?" David yelled to Megan over the sound of the wind and motor.

"Not unless you want to get off!" Megan exclaimed. "There are two people on here versus two trucks."

"Hey don't look at me," David shouted back. "I know I lost weight while I was back there."

"And just what are you trying to say?" Megan growled back.

Final Thoughts

Emma Michaels is a phenomenal story teller. Anasazi is the first novel I have read from this blogger turned author, but I must admit that I'm incredibly impressed. Michaels words are effortless to read and I could imagine every scene unfold like a movie. I was  very invested in Megan, Lucas and David's happiness. As the mystery and intrigue was ramped up, I was hoping that these characters would be all right, uncover the mystery and find what they are looking for. I can honestly say that this story is so unique and spellbinding. I've never read a novel like it. I look forward to seeing what Michaels produces next.

No comments: