Friday, September 23, 2011

Blurry by Sherri Fulmer Moorer

5/5 Stars

Blurry is pure awesomeness! I was completely blown away by this novel. I will not reveal any details about this intriguing mystery (read it for yourself!) so to get a better understanding of what Blurry is all about, here is the blurb:

Blurb: What happens when Little Miss Perfect's life is turned upside down? Rachel Shull is about to find out. A year ago she broke up with her boyfriend, Danny, over suspicions that he was hiding something from her. Now Rachel's life is full of accomplishment, achievement, friends, and even a boyfriend. It all seems perfect, until a childhood friend dies in a tragic accident. When it's discovered that Danny had a heated argument with Kirsten shortly before her death, suspicions about his double life resurface. As the case unfolds and tragedy strikes people close to Rachel, she discovers that Danny isn't the only one with dangerous secrets. Life in the small town of Woodland, South Carolina becomes blurry with lies and deceit, and Rachel finds herself questioning everybody; even her new boyfriend.


Blurry is full of mystery, intrigue, secrets, lies and deceit. I love that combination. People are not always what they appear to be and Sherri definitely nailed her characters, plot and story development. Sherri's characters are so full of life, and come off a real people. Rachel was my favorite character. I can relate to her nerdy band life and see understand why she fell for Danny, our resident bad boy, once upon a time ago. I love her honesty, her integrity. She is so loyal, and I believe a lot of women can relate to a character like that. The plot was unbelievable. I like to solve mysteries ahead of time and feel like a regular Sherlock Holmes, but I was stumped with Blurry. There were too many people, too many secrets, and how lives are connected and effected kept me on the edge of my seat. This story is very much a roller coaster ride as everything you think you have figured out changes, and changes again. I was glued to the pages and couldn't flip them fast enough. Blurry is definitely a five star novel and I would recommend it for every mystery lover out there!

1 comment:

Laura Burks said...

I've been interested in this book since I first read the back page blurb. With your 5 star rating, it's next on my list to read.
Thanks, Zee.