Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Altered Interview with Jenna Larson


Welcome everyone! I would like to introduce you to Jenna Larson, the protagonist in Laura Burks' debut novel, Altered. In my review of Altered, I told the world that Jenna is my favorite character. Thankfully, I get to see her again in this exclusive character interview. Enjoy!


What is it about Jess that made you fall for him?

At first, it was his eyes and gorgeous face. Then, I remembered what Pops told me about looking beyond the face. Yes, the face and muscular build helped, but it was his heart that made him even more appealing.

Tell me about your relationship with your grandfather?

I love my grandfather. We’re very close, but not in a smothering way. He’s protective, which is okay when he’s not asking a ton of questions, but I understand. He’s just trying to make sure nothing happens to me.  I worry about him, too, so that makes us even.

How did you cope when you realized that Jess was keeping a secret with you?

I wanted it to be a lie, or at least some other Jess. I didn’t want to believe he would keep a secret from me, especially the secret he was keeping. I wanted him to trust me more than he did. In fact, I never wanted to see him again, but then, my heart changed. I couldn’t stay away.

Knowing how everything turned out in the end, would you have followed that voice and do it all over again?

Yes! In a heartbeat, yes. Now, if I could control some of the outcome, too, that would be nice. But we don’t always get what we want how we want it. I learned that the hard way.

Why did you decide to tell your grandfather the truth?

I feared for his safety, and I wasn’t ashamed or too self-centered to know I was in over my head. I needed help.

What is your most memorable moment with Jess?

Everything about him is memorable. The way he looked at me, the way he held me close, the smell of leather on his skin, riding behind him on his motorcycle, and of course, our first kiss. That was THE moment. I almost forgot to breathe!

What are you looking forward to now?

Pops getting better, and if it’s not giving too much away, I’m looking forward to my life the way I thought it would turn out. If only it were that simple.


Thank you Laura for your time! You are so talented and sweet, and I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to speak to Jenna and dive back into the world of Altered.

1 comment:

laura burks said...

Thanks Zee. It was nice to write in Jenna's voice again.